Saturday, June 01, 2013

Are You Feeling Groovy?

          Oh it is so nice to be back to the blog posts........ I really enjoyed my 10 weeks on the challenge blog but it IS nice to be back........ I was at Michael's recently and found these really cool wooden pieces and my mind started racing as to how I could use them with my cards.... well today's post is going to show you exactly what I was thinking about..... the idea popped into my head almost immediately and all I did was pray that no one else on the design team had picked this image yet......
          I was so lucky because no one had so I signed up and got busy...... I chose Hippie Chick, she is available here! I wanted to do something bright, cheery and super colourful. This is what I came up with....


          Of course I used my favourite medium, Copic markers to ink this adorable little stamp with. This image was printed on Make it Crafty Alcohol blending card. Her skin was inked with E000, E00, E11 and R20. Her hair was done with E50, E51, E53 and E55. Her pants were done with BG02, BG05 and BG07. Her belt was YG03 and YG25. Her shirt was done with RV21, RV23, RV25, Y15 and Y18. Grass was inked with G21 and G24. The flowers were done with YR04, YR07 and G24.


          Here is the wood piece I was talking about. I covered it with patterned paper from Glits called "Unchanted Waters", I cut it out with an exacto knife, filed and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain ink. Isn't it adorable? It was perfect for this card.... =)


          How groovy is this? Totally loved making this card. It was so much fun. The card is 5.5X5.5" square card made out of Gina K Kraft card stock. I used MME's "Happy Girl" patterned paper. There are some wooden heart shapes from Simon Says Stamp. The sentiments are from MFT's "Farout" and Hero Arts "PSSST" stamp sets. I added some cheese cloth and did some faux stitching with my Signo Uniball gel pen in white. I really hope you enjoy it.... I loved making it =).

2 comments:

  1. This card is TOTALLY GROOVIN', Nikki! I can tell you enjoyed making it; it flows wonderfully! Don't you love when a project does that? GREAT coloring, fun layout, and I LOVE the wood accents; A+ on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is really gorgeous Nikki. Love the image and beautiful design.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)