Sunday, April 28, 2013

Challenge # 3.... Embossing..... =)

          Welcome to the third challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge blog. This challenge is all about embossing..... you heard me right....embossing.... However you can incorporate it in your project, we want to see it... =). You can visit the sideline of the challenge blog for the full rules, here. I used my favourite stamp of all times.....Boo Boo Bear {maybe cause I am a Paediatric nurse}. You can find her here!


          Of course I used Copic markers to colour this lovely little lady. Her skin is coloured in E000, E00, E11 and R20. I made her a red head with E11, E13, E17 and E18. Teddy is coloured with E40, E41, E42, E74, E77, E79 and R20. Her hat and shirt were coloured with C1, R39 and R46. The stethoscope was inked with RV21. I also added some shadowing to the table area with W00, W1 and W3. How cute is she?


          I used mulberry paper {the stuff used to make those cute fluffy little bears, see this post} in pink to frame the inked image. It was cut with the scalloped circle spellbinder and I dried embossed it with the Cuttlebug using the Spots & Dots folder.


          The sentiment is from Ninja Skills which I purchased from There She Goes stamps. It is heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Below you can see the kraft background behind the inked image. This was heat embossed with clear embossing powder using the Inkadinkado polka dot background stamp.


          I of course made the 5.5X5.5" square card using Gina K Kraft card stock. I used MME's Indie Chic "Saffron" patterned paper. I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distressing tool and Walnut Stain ink. I also added faux stitching using the Signa Uniball gel pen in white. The rose is Spare Parts from the Paper Studio {thanks Christine =)}. I can't wait to see what all of you lovely little crafters will come up with for this challenge..... xo

          Not only do you get to join a fabulous challenge with us at The Paper Nest Dolls, but Christine does not disappoint with the prize package. Check out all the goodies you can win...... =) Good Luck!


          We will be running biweekly challenges, starting on Mondays,        and ending the Friday the week AFTER the challenge starts. A complete list of challenge rules/guidelines can be found on our sidebar. It is NOT required to use a Paper Nest Dolls image on your entry, although we will have freebies available soon and encourage you to take a look around our shop.

12 comments:

  1. This is so super cute! I love it!
    Loriann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour combo, cute image and I love the paper that you use.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image! you did awesome with the dry embossing and your coloring! cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card with a super cute image x
    Kathy BIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! The image is adorable and your coloring is lovely.

    TFS from BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute image! Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super AWESOME job, love the image your coloring skills are fantastic!
    Vanessa
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fab card! Love the colors

    Tanya
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty, love the embossed doily you created! BIF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great detail pictures...wow!

    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card & the embossing is fab!!
    BIF

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment... =)